Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Sunday 5 October 2014

 photo SAM_7458_zps0645448f.jpg

As soon as October rolls around I hunker down and start to crave my autumn favourites . . .  apple pies, and pots of homemade soup . . .  and pumpkin.  Pumpkin anything, but most especially these delicious Pumpkin Pie Muffins!

 photo SAM_7452_zps4bfa6fac.jpg

I love the convenience of tinned pumpkin and I always have at least ten tins in my larder.   Okay, that may be considered hoarding, but tinned pumpkin isn't always easy to come by over here, so when I see it, I buy as much of it as I can buy without looking crazy.   Last winter they had some in our local Aldi and I confess . . .  I went a bit crazy, but in a very good way. ☺

 photo SAM_7453_zpsee8402b5.jpg

None of it is ever wasted.  It's fantastic in soups and pies . . .  but I use it for all sorts of baking.  Cinderella's Pumpkin Cake.   Simple Pumpkin Muffins.   Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.  (ohh baby, so good!)  Pumpkin Butter. (scrumptious as a cake filling or on toast or scones!)  Pumpkin and Milk Chocolate Bread Pudding. Pumpkin Spice Bread.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.   I have many ways of using it up, all delicious!

 photo SAM_7454_zps470b0014.jpg

These delicious Pumpkin Pie Muffins are my absolute favourite pumpkin muffin recipe.   Just the smell of them baking is guaranteed to get your mouth watering . . .  and your house will smell soooo good  . . .  like autumn . . .  all warm and cosy.

  photo SAM_7455_zps1f5cba42.jpg

They're moist and nicely spiced with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves . . .  the warm baking spices.  They always puff up nicely and make the perfect addition to your mornings.  The recipe does make 12 lovely muffins, but they will keep 3 or 4 days (if they last that long) if properly stored, and they also freeze really well.   I do so hope that you will take the time to bake them and and that your family will enjoy them as much as we do!!  (Of course I like mine doused in butter, lol)

 photo SAM_7461_zpsbc376d65.jpg


*Pumpkin Pie Muffins*
Makes 12  


My favourite autumn muffin.  Spicy.  Moist.   Delicious.   Wrap well and store at roomtemperature for up to four days or freeze for longer.  

115g of unsalted butter, softened (8 TBS)
200g of granulated sugar (1 cup)
50g soft light brown sugar (1/4 cup packed)
1/2 tsp salt
3 large free range eggs
60ml of sunflower oil (1/4 cup)
310g of pumpkin puree (1 1/3 cups)
235g of plain flour (1 2/3 cups)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves   


 photo SAM_7460_zps534a7f64.jpg

Preheat the oven to 190*C.375*F gas mark 5.  Butter a 12 cup muffin tin really well.  Set aside.
Cream the butter, both sugars and the salt together until well combined.   Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.  Whisk in the oil and the pumpkin.

Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, and all of the spices together.  Stir this into the wet mixture, then stir until combined.  Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin.   Bake until firm, about 18 minutes or so.

 photo SAM_7466_zps1a26c658.jpg


Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently tipping out onto a wire rack to cool.   Serve these muffins warm or at room temperature. 


Note:  If you want to remove your muffins from the pan without tearing off the tops, tilt the pan to it's side gently and slowly pull the muffins out.

8 comments

  1. Yes, they are really good and puff up nicely Monique! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh lala! Just logged on after being out all day and wish I had been at home to make these lovely muffins.
    Pumpkin rules in my house too! With Thanksgiving (Canadian) coming up in less that a week it's everything pumpkin....I am going to start the pumpkinfest tomorrow with these....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray Darlene! Happy Pumpkin week! Hope you like these tasty muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this muffins ! amazing colour dear!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gloria. I am sorry if I don't comment much lately! I have been reading and enjoying your posts, but I read them on the ipad, and I find it difficult to comment on that. My arthritis is so bad in my neck, back and hands that I cannot spend as much time on the computer as I once did. It all looks very delicious though! Love you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The amount is way off. This is nowhere near 12 muffins; even if you overfill the cups you easily get 18. I recommend cutting the recipe to 2/3 i.e. 2 eggs worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount is not way off. I suppose it all depends on the size of your muffin tin. With mine I got 12 muffins. Obviously my tin is much larger than yours.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!